Friday, May 15, 2015

Soothing Tracks

I love listening to movie soundtracks, especially ones from Hans Zimmer. I like the way he composes music: when it's action, there's always the rapid movement of violins and percussions, backed with electronic staccato sounds; but when it's dramatic and emotional, he drags one single note to another very slowly and subtly but gracefully. I don't know he did it.

For me who listens to sounds differently from others, I think it's a good thing. I mean, once I got my hands to those tracks from movies that he made, I listen and I listen to them hard. I pay great attention to each composition, lapses, rounds, variations..... intervening and intertwining with each others..... a great orchestra....... just..... wow!

Enough talking yadayada.... Listen to these songs and close your eyes. Just do it!

- Time (Inception)
- Murph - Illuminated Star Projection (Interstellar)
- Stay (Interstellar)
- I See Dead People In Boats (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End)
- Chevaliers de Sangreal (The Da Vinci Code)
- Science & Religion (Angels & Demons)
- A Watchful Guardian (The Dark Knight)

I mean, when I was about to leave Shah Alam for good last April, I kept replaying Time & A Watchful Guardian in my mind, to relate with my departure from a great journey and a great year.

2 comments: