Friday, August 14, 2015

The Other Side of The Coin

The wonderful thing I learnt in life is that in this world, there are various kinds of people. Some are happy, some are not. Some are wealthy, some are less fortunate. And the list goes on and on with their respective counterparts.

You see, I've been living my whole life having one point of view - myself. I didn't care what people think of me, I just live life to the fullest. Yeah yeah, people would nag and critic me, and I would be depressed for a while. But only for a while. Then I'll pick myself up and carry on. 

"Why do we fall, sir? So we can pick ourselves up." - Alfred Pennyworth

But since I entered college, I've seen the other side of the coin. I've seen how people lived their life from their point of view, even for a brief moment, cause within that small window of opportunity, I could take a glimpse and guess how he/she live their life. Sometimes, I could be wrong, but other times, I could be right. And when the latter ends, my whole perception of the person completely changed. 

All I'm saying is, just because I thought I've been through everything - been there, done that - doesn't mean everyone else hasn't. They maybe did, and I wouldn't how they did it (well, unless they'd tell me). Everyone has limitations. A range where when you put them at their lowest or highest point of their life, they would either break it or make it.

Limitations - patients, resilience, the idea of living by yourself, independency... We humans have these qualities, but with different range.

But knowing this fact does not make you superior or inferior to others. You can't be so proud of your own resilience towards danger just cause you know your friend can't handle crossing the busy street alone, and you can't be so intimidated just cause your friends became more successful than you. To counteract this, you must have another value - self esteem.

Everyone's self esteem depends on how you tell yourself to be cool with it. Don't panic, don't hesitate, just be confident. And that's a concept everyone should know.

If I never learn this fact soon, I would become a selfish person - not caring at all for what other think. I would have live my whole life within my own little world supplied with imagination, without giving a shit about the whole wide world. 

Some would enjoy it that way, but think it this way: will you bury yourself when you're dead? 

Okay. That sounds stupid. But I think you get the point. I hope so. And I don't write this to critic or offence anyone. Just some food for thought. Or snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment