![]() |
| Stop it, totem! You're ruining my brain. |
Yes, I finally figured out it's not a dream.
I'm talking about Inception, guys. Hehehe
For all we know, we focused on the very last image of the film - a top spinning on the table, seemed to be wobbling around at the very end, before the director decided to cut the scene and FADE OUT TO BLACK! Credits! Names! Accolades!
What a genius way to end a cryptic movie, Nolan! You made a very brilliant story and you ended it up like that. How brilliant! *Note that this is not sarcasm.
I kept praising this guy over and over again, but you got to admit, he's the most brilliant director ever existed.
Inception - he made a movie about dreams-within-dreams and lucid dreaming, and shared dreaming concepts. Mindblowing!
The Dark Knight Trilogy - he saved Batman from the ashes of Joel Schumacher's crap. He made three movies - three powerful movies that started the trend of making a gritty reboot of almost all superheroes. His script was so spectacular and remarkable, I can still remember the three main villains (Ra's al-Ghul, Joker, Bane) lines and also the main characters dialogue.
Interstellar - hands down, the best astronomic picture ever! It even kicked Gravity's ass to infinity and beyond. I mean, how beautiful is the visuals of the space and how astounding the story is. You'd never figure out a man like Nolan would end his movie like that, though I saw it coming.
Memento - Nolan and his brother, the best duo ever! They made a psychological thriller that shattered the world of filmmaking, literally. The juxtaposition, the reversing image..... phewww!
And the others as well: The Prestige, Insomnia, Doodlebug....
This guy is talented af. Period.
Well, why do I say I know the ending of Inception is real, not a dream? *Spoiler alert*
First, Cobb and Saito woke up like they slept for years, and they did. They spent almost half a century in limbo, so what do you expect waking up to the very beginning situation before they started it all - the mental heist? In fact, I can guarantee anyone who think that they slept for 40 years would wake up with a facial expression like Cobb and Saito - they be asking all the Wh-Questions and do some reality checks. I did experience once - I thought I've slept the whole week, and then when I woke up, it was just half an hour sleep! WHAT??!!
Second, everything makes sense when Cobb woke up. Saito quickly grabbed his phone to make that one last phone call to settle his arrangement with Cobb. Arthur smirked and laughed when he saw Cobb with that face, maybe with a thought: "You sick madafaka, you did it!". Ariadne grinned as she was glad Cobb had made it. Fischer was contemplating, presumably after he realised the 'true will' that his father gave him. The reactions made so much sense to the story.
Lastly, it's the most reasonable thing to complete the story. A happy ending. Except for Mr Nolan, he will fcked up the story in any way he can because there are so much clues and hints for audience to spot this debatable ending. So, no loose ends. The debate will go on forever. Again, brilliant.
I guess that's about it. Nothing much.
I'm just so hyped that I managed to figure out it's real, not a dream. Regardless of how accurate it is, compared to other hypothesis and theories. Blah, I don't want to know.







No comments:
Post a Comment